Jared is a trial lawyer who has appeared on behalf of clients in federal, state, and appellate courts throughout the country. Jared has obtained jury verdicts, arbitration awards, and successful settlements in a diverse range of civil litigation, including product liability, catastrophic injury and death, consumer fraud, construction, insurance, real estate, agriculture, class action, and shareholder derivative claims.
Through his experience in commercial and consumer litigation, Jared has also developed specific expertise in the area of arbitration, including the evaluation and enforceability of arbitration agreements.
Jared’s achievements have earned the designation of “Rising Star” by Oklahoma Super Lawyers for multiple years running.
Jared graduated from Stanford University in 2008 with a B.A. in American Studies. While at Stanford, he was a member and co-captain of the wrestling team, earning Pac-10 academic all-conference honors in multiple years. Jared then received his J.D., magna cum laude from the University of Notre Dame.
Jared lives in South Oklahoma City with his wife, Courtney, and their four children, Jhett, Kinzley, Cali Jo, and Holt. Jared and his family enjoy the outdoors, college football, and Thunder basketball. Jared is also an avid triathlete and has completed races in Oklahoma and several other states, including becoming an Ironman in 2015 in Boulder, Colorado.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar arbitration award on behalf of a plaintiff in an oil field service company dispute involving breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a defendant airplane engine manufacturer in a multi-million dollar case involving negligence, product liability, and breach of contract/warranty claims.
- Obtained jury verdict on behalf of a plaintiff for the failure to disclose defects in real property. The jury awarded 100% of the costs to repair the defects plus additional damages for emotional distress, annoyance, and inconvenience.
- Obtained jury verdict on behalf of a property owner trying to establish ownership in family ranch land in a case involving trespass and execution of false deeds claims.
- Obtained a six-figure arbitration award for a Colorado rancher against an insurance provider in a case involving Pasture, Rangeland, and Forage (PRF) policy.
- Obtained reversal on appeal from the District of Colorado on behalf of a Colorado farming partnership in a case involving a dispute over insurance coverage.
- Obtained six-figure summary judgment on behalf of a plaintiff in a saltwater disposal facility dispute involving a breach of contract claims.
- Successfully pierced the corporate veil on behalf of a plaintiff to impose personal liability on an owner of an oil field service company under alter-ego theory.
- Successfully represented a Texas corn farmer in recovering monies from his insurance provider for damage to combine.
- Obtained dismissal in North Dakota federal court for an individual client in a putative class action involving claims of aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty. The judgment was affirmed on appeal to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court denied certiorari.
- Successfully represented an equipment supplier in the oil and gas industry in recovering payments for damage to valuable equipment during transportation.
- Successfully represented royalty owner in obtaining payments due under the Oklahoma Production Revenue Standards Act.
- Successfully represented numerous clients in landlord/tenant disputes (commercial and residential), “slip and fall,” “trip and fall,” and other personal injury disputes, and negligence and intentional tort disputes.