Rodney is a trial lawyer who handles matters in state, federal and appellate courts, and arbitration forums for clients in a variety of industries, including consumer sales and special finance, banking, commercial real estate and leasing, product manufacturing and distribution, oil and gas, and insurance. His experience includes the representation of clients in individual and class action lawsuits involving consumer goods, consumer fraud, consumer lending, warranty, product liability, real estate and landlord-tenant disputes, bad faith, premises liability, serious injury and wrongful death, general aviation, and a host of business disputes.
Rodney has successfully litigated cases to jury and non-jury verdicts, arbitration awards, and countless settlements, and his achievements have earned him inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers, recognition as a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation, and recognition in the inaugural edition of Benchmark’s “Under 40 Hot List” of notable up-and-coming trial lawyers.
Rodney graduated magna cum laude from Northeastern State University in 1999 with a B.B.A. in Accounting. He received his J.D. from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2003, with distinction. He has been a certified public accountant (inactive status) since 2002.
Rodney was born and raised in Norman. He is a husband to his wife, Erin, father of two children, Kylie and R.K., and papa to Kylie’s son, Kayson. Rodney and his family enjoy spending time together outdoors, going to Lake Tenkiller, and cooking out on the patio. They also spend every Sunday night with their families enjoying dinner together – a family tradition handed down from Rodney’s grandmother, “Citti.” Rodney is an avid outdoorsman and regularly spends time with his son hunting, fishing, and riding dirtbikes, four-wheelers, and side by sides.
- Represented clients in countless lawsuits involving consumer sales, fraud, GPS and starter-interrupt devices, warranty, and state and federal regulatory claims affecting consumers.
- Represented clients in a variety of oilfield accident cases involving traumatic brain injuries, serious physical injury, and death.
- Represented clients in a variety of motor vehicle accidents resulting in serious injury and death on claims of negligence and product liability/defect.
- Represented new and used motor vehicle dealers in every facet of their business, including compliance, litigation, and representation before the Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Commission and Used Motor Vehicle and Parts Commission.
- Successfully defended an aviation fixed-based operator in a five-day jury trial on claims of breach of bailment contract, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and punitive damages.
- Obtained reversal on an appeal of a jury verdict in excess of $1 million in a case involving consumer lending claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an employer and owner of a general aviation aircraft in a wrongful death case arising from an airplane crash. Price vs. Howard, 236 P.2d 82 (Okla. 2010).
- Successfully represented one partner in a partnership dispute that resulted in a favorable buyout and the continuation of the business by the client.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an aircraft engine service facility in a contract and negligence case arising from a crash that resulted in a total loss of the aircraft.
- Successfully represented both insureds and insurance companies in a variety of contract and bad faith lawsuits and disputes.
- Represented clients in a variety of personal injury, premises liability, “trip and fall,” and general negligent injury matters.
- Represented clients in mass tort pharmaceutical litigation requiring hundreds of depositions of fact witnesses and medical service providers.
- Obtained partial summary judgment on behalf of a seller of commercial real estate, followed by a bench trial judgment in favor of the client for actual damages, punitive damages, and attorney’s fees.
- Successfully prosecuted trade secrets claims against two former employees who took employer property and customer lists to a competitor.
- Obtained favorable results for a client in an aircraft wrongful death case concerning an accident that resulted in the death of five people.
- Represented commercial landlords and tenants in a variety of lease disputes and negotiations involving maintenance and repair obligations, options to purchase, and lease terminations.
- Obtained dismissal of an action for failure to diligently prosecute and timely serve on behalf of an airline client. Affirmed on appeal. Morris vs. City of Oklahoma City, 23 P.2d 921 (Okla. Civ. App. 2010).
- Obtained dismissal of an action in Utah federal court for a national personnel placement company on claims of defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained a TRO and injunction for a metal fabrication company after a three-day evidentiary hearing in a trade secrets case.
- Obtained a directed verdict at jury trial on behalf of a fixed-based operator in a breach of contract action, disposing of several tort claims.
- Obtained a favorable resolution on behalf of a local pesticide treatment company against multiparty and governmental negligence claims related to water pollution.
- Represented business clients in a variety of contract disputes involving real estate, leasing, trade secrets, vendor and service provider agreements, advertising, and regulatory compliance.
- Successfully obtained a dismissal of a lawsuit against a closely-held company in a contentious shareholder derivative action.
- Successfully represented oilfield service providers in cases involving personal injury and property damage claims.